MLX 1.25% 40.5¢ metals x limited

Jinchuan are Chinas largest miner of nickel by far ,producing...

1. 7,163 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 1
    Jinchuan are Chinas largest miner of nickel by far ,producing over 90% of all nickel produced in China ,as well as 90% of all platinum group metals (Thats not a typo ,its 90 %) .The Jinchuan Nickel mine was discovered in 1958 ,and also contains large amounts of copper, cobalt, gold ,platinum palladium ,chromium, Rhodium and many other rare metals . Jinchuan have world class expertise in developing mines ,milling, smelting and refining as well as chemical engineering operations ,Jinchuan mine and smelt from this massive resource ,and have been spreading their tenticles all over the world ,with stakes in a lot of companies .They also produce Sulphuric acid ( needed in the HPAL process ) ,Hydrochloric acid ,Chlorine and a range of other chemicals and further processed metals . I am sure Jinchuans technological experience with Sulphur and Sulphuric acid, will also be very helpful to the Wingellina project .
    In 1978 scientists came to Jinchuan ,from all over China to tackle key technological problems ,and developed 200 technological research results ,of which 138 have been applied to nickel mining ore dressing and smelting .The types of valuable elements from smelting has grown from 7 to 14 . This gives you some Idea how serious they are about what they do ,and the lengths they go to achieve it .
    Jinchuan has also signed a MOU with New Caledonian Nickel ore exporter SMPS about the feasibility of building a factory to process laterite ore from the Koniambo project, a world class Nickel limonite deposit .This Factory could possibly be built in Australia . 75% of New Caledonian resources are Nickel Laterite (Limonite).The ore is shipped to Australia and Asia according to the report I read .
    Jinchuan is probably best known in Australia for their stakes in Metals X ,Allegiance ,Fox resources and Albidon .
    Jinchuan are also one of the partners in the Ramu Nickel project , with Highlands Pacific ,in PNG .Thats just their Australian interests . This company is world class ,technologically advanced ,and have vast resources ,and certainly a coup for MLX to be able to draw on this expertise in progressing Wingellina and Claude Hills projects .Jinchuan would likely be helpful with the technical resources for MLXs phospate ambitions and tin projects .
    On the subject of Laterites , an article in Australian Commoddities ,in march 2007 ,pointed to sulphide deposits being rapidly depleted and that within a few years 50% of nickel production will be from laterites .72% of world nickel reserves are now Nickel Laterite .
    I hope this research is helpful for some of you .I certainly found it interesting .

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add MLX (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
40.5¢
Change
0.005(1.25%)
Mkt cap ! $367.0M
Open High Low Value Volume
40.5¢ 41.0¢ 39.5¢ $348.2K 866.0K

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
1 50 40.0¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
40.5¢ 34179 2
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 06/09/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
MLX (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.