AEJ 0.00% $8.00 redbank energy limited

Hi again fitnfam. I posted this a couple of months ago. And of...

1. 140 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 2
    Hi again fitnfam. I posted this a couple of months ago. And of course my arithmetic was wrong. If GPG bought at about 7.5 cents, each additional cent on top of the 10 cents is an additional cent on top of 2.5 cents profit. And I am still unsure as to why GPG is not arm-wrestling.
    "Hi fitnfam !
    I'm with you on this thinking, but what most concerns me is what GPG will eventually do. Am I correct to assume that GPG's acceptance of the 10 cents offer per share has been indicated, but is not necessarily cast in concrete ? If perchance they were to vote "no" with their shareholding, there might be a possibility of a "no" vote being carried, to the huge disadvantage of the banks. (Although not necessarily to the direct financial disadvantage of the bankers.)
    So a group of people have bought debt at a discount, from which they stand to benefit handsomely if they can grab the stapled bits of our shares. But they will lose most hugely if AEJ were to be put into receivership.
    GPG (if we assume they will be treated as a "normal" shareholder) will make a modest profit at 10 cents per share, but would benefit hugely if the offer/price were to be raised. It would appear that each cent increase would increase their profit by 10%. However, if the company were to go into receivership, they would likely lose their existing profit and end up with a loss.
    So I am disappointed that we have seen no indication of an arm-wrestle between GPG and the holders of the debt. On the other hand, a direct indication of such a move would, no doubt be a breach of confidence of some sort.
    So my thinking above is based on premises which may be incorrect. Firstly, is the GPG indication of support of the 10 cents offer final ? If not, would GPG risk a significant loss if AEJ were to be put into receivership ?
    Secondly, will our shares be treated in exactly the same way as the GPG shares ? Lastly, as I have indicated before, my "widow's mite" of a holding will vote no. (to much merriment amongst the debt holders)
    madlymax"

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add AEJ (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.