MNS 0.00% 4.2¢ magnis energy technologies ltd

I was surprised that with the timeline modifications that came...

1. 1,616 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 1105
    I was surprised that with the timeline modifications that came in the 'Company Update' that another quarter wasn't coloured in for off-takes, just to provide a little breathing room..... either management didn't want to spook shareholders or more likely, the board are well aware of where testing and negotiations are at and still think that end of the quarter is realistic... which is some comfort.

My only reservation is that it wasn't until the end of 2015 that Magnis achieved chemical free 99.95% coated spherodised blue magic. Testing would easily require 18 months in the best of scenarios. Would some testing have reset each time we supplied improved product? I don't know!

I think the big name off-takes are in the bag however, any changes in Li-ion battery raw materials as Magnis is proposing with total synthetic replacement, would required pain staking testing.... time.

There are plenty of horror stories on company's who go for re-invention of the battery i.e. a new chemistry... Magnis however, is only offering an upgrade of an existing material...

Basically, I am certain that the off-takes will come although I would have liked to have seen another quarter allocated for it considering the extent of testing required and that we did supply different grades of our product last year that may have added a little extra time onto the usual length required.

Anyone read yesterday that Tesla are now doing a 100kwh model S and X started at the end of 2017.... Musk stated that the current cell technology is reaching capacity.... sounds like they are locking it in for the next 5 years.
    http://fortune.com/2016/08/24/tesla-100kwh-battery-pack/

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add MNS (ASX) to my watchlist
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.