"60 minutes" scaremongering in perspective, page-47

1. 42,182 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 1022
    Although a reluctant U bear, there is a lot of crap posted about contamination etc... I suspect Fukushima has destroyed a lot of the +ve sentiments of Nuclear power despite it being clean, green etc.

No matter how compelling this sector is people need to gauge it against some measurement ie spot. Yes I know LT prices are what the producers use but the spot is more sensitive to market sentiment among the U consumers.

Even if the spot starts to rally, I don't see many projects coming off the blocks because of large funding issues. Those with the potential to start I imagine are TOE AGS PEN and I can't see anymore. I am not that up to date with this sector, a bit like the Zinc sector all waiting for some positive life in the spot.

I am surprised why nobody ever discussed the alternatives to U namely gas. BHP for a start were heavily invested in US fracking gas (not too familiar with the asset type) and abandon Olympic dam. Rio never went after EXT Rossing south and contented with some minor Canadian assets. That only leave Cameco as the big boy producer.

2. This thread is closed.

You may not reply to this discussion at this time.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.