WDS 0.74% $27.14 woodside energy group ltd

$60 oil price overnight, page-27

1. 2,101 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 218
    I still can't wrap my head around how massively the Dow Jones outpaced the ASX throughout the entire duration of this week. Basically every single day was the Dow either up or neutral.
    Meanwhile the ASX was a slaughterhouse every single day for what?? Because the AUD went up 1c to 1.5c?

Add insult to injury the price of oil hanged around 61 USD for basically the entire week and has only now dipped down to about 60 or so. Yet the O&G companies got their throats cut across the board this entire week despite Oil rallying to a pretty noticeably degree.

In short. How is that normal? We have literally been moving the entire week in opposite direction to every fundamental metric.
    Dow up. Oil up.

ASX O&G companies? Nope down.

Frustrating for me but if they go below my original buy price I am absolutely stacking because this is pure ridiculousness. WPL, Santos (etc) are not short of a dollar. They are cash generating machines with Oil being even higher and the JKM spot prices also HIGHER than it was pre-COVID.

So I have no idea what the F the ASX has been smoking this week but as you can tell I am getting mighty sick of it. No I won't panic sell or do anything silly. If it goes below buy prices I'll wear it. I guess I"m just super frustrated and a little drunk (a lot) and completely taken aback how much our market has disconnected from the rest of the world this week,

Dow up. Oil up. Yet O&G companies have had their throats cut the entire week.

And adding to my annoyance because the Dow has had a pretty decent week its going to sell off on their Friday which is to be expected as the week on the Dow has been good. Which will serve as yet *another* excuse for the ASX to dump its ass on Monday again.
    Last edited by angelus512: 12/02/21

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add WDS (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
$27.14
Change
0.200(0.74%)
Mkt cap ! $51.53B
Open High Low Value Volume
$27.08 $27.33 $27.05 $74.94M 2.757M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
1 11000 $27.14

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
$27.17 5000 1
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 29/07/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
WDS (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.