MSM articles suggest that Australia's population is expected to...

1. Osi
    15,885 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 201
    MSM articles suggest that Australia's population is expected to shrink over next two years.

https://www.msn.com/en-au/news/australia/australia-s-population-expected-to-shrink-by-214-000-over-two-years/ar-BB19ePYb?ocid=msedgntp

Hmmmm. I'm not game enough to preduct beyond 2021 on population but 12 more months in the wilderness is enough to drop average real estate values significantly.

Post 2121 what happens depends on Federal Government immigration policy. There would at that time be pressure on the Government to open the gates wide with a view to stimulating recovery BUT if unemployment remains high (and it will be) political push back against a pro immigration agenda could be tangible.

I'll shift to International students. They create more jobs than the cafe and bar jobs they take ..... although as our management of international students has been absolutely atrocious I wouldn't expect as many as before (although this again will depend on how isolationist the US becomes and whether or not other ENglish speaking countries are more welcoming than we are.

There are wheels within wheels. Neither the Coalition nor Labor are any good at looking beyond the current policy box ATM but necessity may force belated improvement .

cheers

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.