AOP 0.00% 61.0¢ apollo consolidated limited

Ann: Significant increase in Indicated Resources, page-4

1. 11,710 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 6139
    Finally dipped my toe in the water today with AOP.
    Hoping it's a sort of contrarian view, as I sense a fair amount of despondency on the threads, or to be honest, the lack of discussion all together.
    A bit like BRB I suppose (which I also hold).

I like that the company is well under the radar of most, yet the board hold a lot of stock, and they have a clear plan for the project (though they are still being very careful with timing for when they begin the mining studies).

I think that with the recent upgrade of indicated resource, discovery of Cleo, and more low hanging fruit around the main pit, the critical mass required to get this project moving toward production, is all in place. The excellent position the company has been able to achieve with the recent asset sales, really is impressive.

I liken the Rebecca project to CAIs open pit project. Grades will be similar, my guess is a 2.4mtpa plant will be required. Capex will be only $100-110m, though more paperwork is going to be required for a plant. CAI was able to secure $110m in debt, for a $120m build. Which also bodes extremely well going forward. Reserves will likely start at about 650k (total guess), but I think they would love to be closer to 700k. 90k p.a production profile seems appropriate at this stage.

I don't except AOP to move quickly, but... as@Pointyfigures mentioned recently, AOPs ounces are about as cheap as they come on the market.

All the drilling AOP is undertaking, will see more ounces added, perhaps not a large amount, but... they don't need to. Anything added at this stage, is just going to extend the mine life. I do feel that the MD has tried to make it clear, that they are getting close to finally speeding up, what has been a relatively 'boring' period, with the focus being on infill drilling. Yet this has to be done. Now that it has, they are broadening their target selection, whilst also finishing off all the perquisite studies, that can enable them to quickly producer a PFS.

I have not been able to pick up on whether there are any stranded assets close enough to rebecca to be a logical bolt on, but, as some posters have noted, there is a lot of exploration going on around Rebecca.

Money is flowing in the sector. If GPR in PNG can raise $140m to build a plant, then AOP is a shoe in....

Good luck to patient holders. I will be staggering my buy in, as I never... get the lows the first time rolleyes.png (if ever)

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add AOP (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.