CBA 0.85% $127.60 commonwealth bank of australia.

$62 whenever it happens - maybe maybe not, page-170

1. 2,558 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 181
    simple - PE to drop by a point or two and earnings to drop - mainly from reorg + earnings from mortgages.

I have explained why i think those 2 events may happen so wont go into detail again. Ontop that I just dont see where any upside will come so on a relative basis why would insto pile into cba at these levels. Overseas insto has also withdrawn substantial money over the past years and I dont see it coming back unless suddenly aussie is forecast to go back 82c and that just aint going to happen in the immediate future.

Sometimes its not all about whether one likes a stock or not you have to ask yourself what are the drivers for inst to buy or sell the stock (both local and overseas ie like sovereign wealth funds etc and where is the bias. Since 2015 the stock has been on a down trend and I cant see that reversing in immediate future - what would be the impetus to make that happen.

So we sort of found a bottom last year around 65.20 and then we saw support hold around 67.90 with a few false breaks to the downside - but world got a little optimistic with US china trade talks and January saw a reprieve but how long will that hold????  70$ a fig you just dont want to ignore 

Note if you look at fib extension using bg 2018 - 13/6 and 8/7 as your markers then all we did recently was retrace to the 236 fib line - The stock couldnt convincingly break 73 so technicals would suggest in for a little down movement. Keep an eye on the 200ma.

A lot of detractors here dont really understand how stocks move - they treat everything as black and white ie you said 62 but only went to 65 so u crap but my analysis is alot deeper then that and I not so worried about timeframes  - what I worry abt is making money. CBA isnt bad to hold its just its not worth jumping in on at the moment and I believe will be able to buy for alot cheaper soon - its called patience - i not in a hurry. I could be wrong but i only lose opprtunity cost not real money and that as I said is all i care abt.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add CBA (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
$127.60
Change
-1.090(0.85%)
Mkt cap ! $213.3B
Open High Low Value Volume
$128.00 $128.13 $127.26 $49.86M 390.4K

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
4 121 $127.59

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
$127.61 66 4
View Market Depth
Last trade - 11.26am 10/07/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
CBA (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.