PTL 2.63% 18.5¢ prestal holdings limited

Ann: Share Purchase Plan oversubscribed, page-6

1. 10,433 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 1387
    It has been profitable but much of those core items PTL sells (White King, Country Life soap, Softly laundry products, Jiffy Firelighters) are either low margin or mostly sold in WOW/COL and so I'd imagine subject to rigorous contracts where the supermarket buyers really 'screw down' manufacturers (not just PTL!)

In a very small note to the annual report it's had to write down by about A$400000 the value of some stock of Huggies (fabric softener and the like) that I had noticed when shopping at WOW had been deleted from ranged items.

Constant changing of items carried by 'the majors' is a real problem for manufacturers. Aldi/COL/WOW and presumably Costco all love to replace branded items with private label. MTS' IGAs are not quite as bad (and Freddo from Ritchies IGAs is on the PTL Board).

However PTL has tried to expand its lines and where they're stocked.

Chemist Warehouse stocks Soap for Tradies, an alternative to foreign-owned (USA) Solvol, plus AIM toothpaste. The latter is also sold by online Pharmacy Direct. I need to purchase the toothpaste to see what it's like.

Bunnings apparently now carries some White King and maybe a couple of other PT:L lines.

If you look at the annual report, so-called 'toll manufacturing' (i.e. private label) is also profitable but less so than the branded products. This is logical.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add PTL (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
18.5¢
Change
-0.005(2.63%)
Mkt cap ! $31.53M
Open High Low Value Volume
19.3¢ 19.3¢ 18.5¢ $3.809K 20.07K

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
2 12960 18.5¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
19.5¢ 43581 2
View Market Depth
Last trade - 15.41pm 18/06/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
PTL (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.