GDO 0.00% 30.0¢ gold one international limited

coldhelium, I am on about the 'change of control' announcement...

1. 6,654 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 4371
    coldhelium, I am on about the 'change of control' announcement to be announced after trading halt. Question is, how is the Chinese going to gain control? Either through issue of more shares for say the $250m requires to fund purchase of Rand Uranium, etc. or some of the major shareholders selling to them first. Why the need to announce that the Chinese have control? To prevent bidding war from say Newmont or BHP or Rio or any possible spoil sports???

Otherwise, if it is just a simple takeover, why need to keep mentioning change of control and if successful, then offer to buy out all shareholders? Why kept on about change of control? All I can conclude is to send message to would be competitor to stay away, don't get into a bidding war here, etc. And with kind assistance from management, probably an announcement to the effect that the Chinese will be issued enough shares such that they will gain control. The actual act of issuing of shares is NOT the point, but the announcement of it is the point. Hope you get my drift.

And yes, I am rambling as it is a slooowwww arvo...lol

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add GDO (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.