BUD 0.00% 0.6¢ buddy technologies ltd

7.2c Dave must resign now., page-69

1. 228 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 137
    Melways, you get 100 upvotes from me.
    BUD need to publish the real sales numbers.

As I posted earlier this month, I think BUD (like other IoT tech stocks) have struggled with sales.
    That'd be why they're not being published... guaranteed if they were smashing sales out of the park, they'd release real figures.
    (It's an ego thing with tech company founders)
    There'd also be heaps and heaps of case studies showcasing highly recognisable brands (paying customers) using Ohm.

The reality is that when it comes to IoT, it's still very early days.
    Very few (if any) in the IoT space have succeeded to capture large market share.
    The sales lead times are long. Large companies take too long to purchase.
    It's reminiscent of the dot-com crash (OTT market hype, over-valued stocks, poor sales and misinformation).
    I reckon it'll be 2020 before we see large companies buying IoT devices like they buy printers.

I like the pivot to the B2C with LIFX. The deal makes sense to me; it reduces business development risk.
    BUD has worked out that succeeding in the B2B space is hard.
    On the other hand, consumers love buying IoT gadgets. B2C sales are growing.
    LIFX has tackled a lot of the tough B2C challenges (sales channels, logistics, regulatory constraints etc).
    So BUD now has a proven springboard into the home.
    And with household energy bills front of mind, that has to be a good thing for us.

Time for BUD to provide shareholders with an update setting out the business strategy.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add BUD (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.