FMG 0.46% $21.52 fortescue ltd

No I am saying that if Aboriginals are expected to adopt western...

1. 529 Posts.
    No I am saying that if Aboriginals are expected to adopt western ways and live in a western world then they have the right to negotiate and fight for the best economic outcome for their people.

Many people would prefer the land to be left alone and dont share the view of what is a benefit and what is not in terms mining and the dollars it brings.

Australia is one of the few countries where a land owner does not also own what is under the ground.

So in most countries as the recognised land owner they would have a lot stronger position.

I remember when the Mabo decision was handed down and the panic about that. One person who was I assume a middle age white man came on talk back radio outraged and saying that they should pay for all the improvments such as roads and fences.

Now in some eyes these are improvements and in others these are blights on the land.

And on the ancestory arguement wouldnt the royalty rights have ceased upon the passing of Wright and Hancock rather than continuing down the family tree through inheritance.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add FMG (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
$21.52
Change
-0.100(0.46%)
Mkt cap ! $66.25B
Open High Low Value Volume
$21.60 $21.61 $21.25 $97.49M 4.544M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
3 3904 $21.52

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
$21.54 4837 1
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 22/07/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
FMG (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.