SHP 0.00% 2.4¢ south harz potash ltd

Thanks for that information.But on another note with "immense...

1. 167 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 121
    Thanks for that information.

But on another note with "immense upside" and "too good to be true", do your really think the brokers which are touting prices targets in excess of $1 are realisitc?
    - Funding as you said needed to complete these studies which are going to take at least 2-3 years (if it goes perfectly) is going to come in the form of equity.
    - Then come forth FID in which more equity will be required further the number of share on issues.

Though I can now see thanks to your analysis that upgrading these resources is lighter in its risk. The need for equity along with the risks and time I mention before hand in my post will make investors, especially institutional investors demand a significant expected return given the risk they are taking. For individual investors, if you have enough risk appetite to allocate a substantial amount of your portfolio to this stock, than go for it.

As I come from a finance background, I have also noted people were criticising the brokers for using a discount rate "higher" than the industry standard. The discount rate is essentially a combination of inflation and the expected return on the best available alternative investment with a similar risk profile and investment horizon. Given investment options for companies of this size and stage are difficult to compare along with the greater risk, a higher discount rate than 10% is needed, let alone some holders arguing to cut it down to 8%. An 8% discount rate are for companies who are substantially advanced in their developmental activities with the production horizon in sight in the medium term.

I think the brokers are painting overly optimisitc valuation model which will is extremely sensitive in its inputs, especially given the life of this project, increasing the discount rate will substantially reduce the NPV. Combined with the rising SOI needed to advance, I think a price target of $1 is highly unrealisitc in the timeframe holders are expecting it to be reached.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add SHP (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
2.4¢
Change
0.000(0.00%)
Mkt cap ! $19.85M
Open High Low Value Volume
2.3¢ 2.4¢ 2.2¢ $20.73K 897.8K

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
5 373094 2.1¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
2.5¢ 504822 3
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 03/05/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
Last
2.2¢
  Change
0.000 ( 4.35 %)
Open High Low Volume
2.3¢ 2.3¢ 2.2¢ 45478
Last updated 15.56pm 03/05/2024 ?
SHP (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.