CNP 0.00% 4.0¢ cnpr group

7.6m shares shorted yesterday........., page-7

1. 1,190 Posts.
    Timbo,

No probs.

I still think you are off slightly.

The shortsell list shows the cumulative number of shares which have been short sold, NOT the number that were short sold on the day.

Assuming 15% of the turnover which took place on Thursday was short sold is not quite right - in theory it could be much higher or much lower than that figure. For example, if someone sold millions of shares short in the morning but bought an equivalent amount back in the afternoon, it would not register on the short sell list at close of business because the position is now flat.

All the short sell list tells you is that at close of business, X shares in the market are short sold.

More info here: http://www.asx.com.au/investor/education/basics/short_sales.htm

I have data from Tue, Wed and Thu last week and it shows a DECREASE in the number of CNP shares short sold. I said in a posting yesterday that this could simply be due to people not wanting to be short over Easter.

The data for yesterday will shed a lot of light on this.

But with only 25 trading days until 30th April, there is a chance an announcement could come out at any point. Anyone sailing this close to the wind and shorting CNP risks significant losses if a good ann comes out.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add CNP (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.