MP1 3.62% $7.45 megaport limited

$7.70 Target, page-8

1. 5,524 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 1391
    People on hotcopper waste too much time and energy on shorters. At the end of the day shorters are a product of the company and it's detachment from fundamental value (give or take). Naturally shorter # increase as share price increases and shorter # decrease as shareprice increases in line with performance and business improvement. This results in the correlation of high shorters = declining shareprice.

Noob investors (or people who haven't been educated in finance) can't distinguish between correlation and causation. Hence the eternal hate for shorters which to me is just scapegoating.

Investors are much better off trying to understand why their shares have declined or why they have made poor financial decisions than "outsourcing" the responsibilities to "whales" and "shorters".

Hence I don't waste my time or energy worrying about shorters. They have 0 impact on my medium to long term investment strategy. Unfortunately that same can't be said for 99% of posers on this forum.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add MP1 (ASX) to my watchlist
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.