Mr g said, I already answered your questions in the youtube i...

1. 7,453 Posts.
    Mr g said,
    I already answered your questions in the youtube i put up?
    Didn't you watch it mrg? It was only short?
    Or aernt you allowed to watch anything not given the blessing from the watchtower?
    Bet you dont answer that one -again?
    I will punctuate your question so it will make sense in reply

"Bowral,
    Did Jesus refer to the Law in a manner that indicated division of it into two parts?"

No,because according to what he said,his hearers knowing full well what was contained in each of them,didnt need him to differentiate.

To think he did would be similar in our day,to saying you have to differentiate between xmas and easter,do you really think people of Jesus time were that simple as to not know there own laws and also traditions?When and why they celebrated different events and festivals?

A bit condescending isnt it?

God's Word speaks of two great laws.

Law number 1 is the law of God (the ten commandments, or Two tablets of the Testimony,) also known as the moral law and the Decalogue.

Law number 2 is the Law of Moses (the “Book of the Law,” or “Book of the Covenant”), also known as the Mosaic Law, the Ordinances and the Ceremonial Law.

Is there a relationship between these two laws?

ABSOLUTELY MRG.!

If an Israelite sinned, he broke law number 1,remember 1john3.4?
    the moral law being the Ten Commandments.

He then had to bring his offering according to law number 2, the sacrificial law to receive forgiveness.

This is the relationship between these two laws.

Law number 1 defines sin, as sin is the transgression of the moral law, the Ten Commandments (1 John 3:4).

Law number 2 defined sacrifices which was the remedy for sin.

If the Israelite sinned, he broke the first law.

To make atonement for his sin he had to obey the second law.

As can be clearly seen, here are two very distinct laws of which this fact is unmistakable.

Jesus Christ permanently took the place of law number 2 when He cried out

“IT IS FINISHED” and bowed His head and died.

When the unseen hand tore the temple curtain from top to bottom (Matthew 27:51), this signified that this sacrificial law system was once and for all time nailed to the cross.Do you not recognise this mrg?

Its only THOUSANDs of years down the track there are new religions etc like the jws who are confused on the issues,back then they wernt,but that being said,the bible is its own interpreter and is very clear on the subject.

Unlike today,everyone back then knew the ten commandments and the ceremonial law were two different things as you should.

The ceremonial laws are in the book of leviticus and clearly in them are contained for example ceremonial sabbaths etc that are clearly not the weekly sabbath (singular) contained in the moral or royal law of God the ten commandments.

For example,the weekly sabbath was given thousands of years before there was even a nation of Isreal or hundreds before the Hebrew nation God created through Abraham.At creation week Gen2.2

EVERYONE knew clearly the difference because of the massive time frames between them being instituted!

I really cant believe we are having this discussion? as this is clearly two different things and meanings,to think they are one and the same is as ridiculous as saying the father son and holy spirit are the same being!

Its only hundreds of years down the track there are new religions etc like the jws who are confused on the issues,back then they wernt,they didnt have to differentiate them because it is so obvious, but that being said,the bible is its own interpreter and is very clear on the subject.

"Matt.5:17, 21, 23, 27, 31, 38:
    “Do not think I came to destroy the Law or the Prophets. I came, not to destroy, but to fulfill.”

Correct,In Jesus life and death on earth,Jesus fulfilled all the points of the law,and returned mankind through his sacrifice to the image of God.Fulfilling what had to be done by the messiah,a perfect sacrifice as the law demanded.
    But also fulfilling the ceremonial laws that were a shadow of what he would do to save mankind,when he fulfilled them,there was no more need for the sacrificial sysem that is why when he said it is finished the temple veil was rent in two by divine hands! Math 27.52

This is why there was a sacrificial system instituted to the hebrews,to point them forward to the messiah and his sacrifice.

When the messiah was sacrificed,there was no more need for the sacrificial system anymore,because Jesus was the sacrifice,no need for the shadows anymore.

It was a shadow pointing forward to what messiah would do mrg.
    We are saved by grace because of his righteousness.

Colossians 2:14 states,

blotting out the handwriting (has to be Moses handwriting) of ordinances that was against us, which was contrary to us, and has taken it out of the way, nailing it to the cross.

Paul then goes on to say, so

Let no man therefore judge you in meat, or in drink, or in respect of an holyday, or of the new moon, or of the sabbath days:“ Luke 1:6 KJV shows that the ordinances and the Ten Commandments are two totally different things.SEE HERE MRG HOW IT SAYS SABBATH DAYS???plural? Because the ceremonial institutions contained sabbath days!

The ten commandments are moral laws,and as the bible rightly says are the difference between right and wrong.
    The only one you disagree with is the sabbath,all the rest you have no problem with,the sabbath is the seal of God and contains his name as the creator,this is why you hate the ten commandments because you know full well the jws dont teach that.The bible clearly says Gods people in the last days will be a commandment keeping people revelation 12.17
    rev22.14

The ceremonial laws were animal sacrifices and meet and drink festivals etc

When Jesus came we dont need them anymore,he WAS THE FULFILLMENT OF THEM.

The ceremonial laws

He was the lamb of God ,to sacrifice lambs etc anymore would serve no point!

"Now, notice what Jesus included in his further comments."

Ok,but make sure you take notice as well,EXACTLY WHAT HE SAYS,not what you are trying to make him say

“You heard that it was said to those of ancient times,
    ‘You must not murder [Ex. 20:13; the Sixth Commandment]’ . . .
    If, then, you are bringing your gift to the altar [Deut. 16:16, 17; no part of the Ten Commandments] . . .

You heard that it was said,
    ‘You must not commit adultery [Ex. 20:14; the Seventh Commandment].’

Moreover it was said,
    ‘Whoever divorces his wife, let him give her a certificate of divorce [Deut. 24:1; no part of the Ten Commandments].’ You heard that it was said,
    ‘Eye for eye and tooth for tooth [Ex. 21:23-25; no part of the Ten Commandments].’”

(So, Jesus mixed together references to the Ten Commandments and other parts of the Law, making no distinction between them. Should we treat them differently?)"

Of course we should,because in context of who Jesus was addressing were hebrews,Jesus hadnt died yet,so the ceremonial law wasnt nailed to the cross yet!And unlike you,he didnt have to differentiate to them because these things were part of their daily life and they wernt simpletons.

"When Jesus was asked,

“Teacher, which is the greatest commandment in the Law?”
    did he isolate the Ten Commandments?"

UM MR GORDON,YES HE DID,look at what he said

"Instead, he replied:

“‘You must love Jehovah your God with your whole heart and with your whole soul and with your whole mind.’

This is the greatest and first commandment.

A summary of the first four commandments and our duty towards our maker,lets read the first four commandments below,feel free to let me know which one/ones you disagree with,there will only be one,lol.

• And God said all these words:
    • I am the Lord your God who took you out of the land of Egypt, out of the prison-house. You are to have no other gods but me.
    • You are not to make an image or picture of anything in heaven or on the earth or in the waters under the earth: You may not go down on your faces before them or give them worship: for I, the Lord your God, am a God who will not give his honour to another; and I will send punishment on the children for the wrongdoing of their fathers, to the third and fourth generation of my haters; And I will have mercy through a thousand generations on those who have love for me and keep my laws.
    • You are not to make use of the name of the Lord your God for an evil purpose; whoever takes the Lord's name on his lips for an evil purpose will be judged a sinner by the Lord
    • Keep in memory the Sabbath and let it be a holy day. On six days do all your work: But the seventh day is a Sabbath to the Lord your God; on that day you are to do no work, you or your son or your daughter, your man-servant or your woman-servant, your cattle or the man from a strange country who is living among you: For in six days the Lord made heaven and earth, and the sea, and everything in them, and he took his rest on the seventh day: for this reason the Lord has given his blessing to the seventh day and made it holy

"The second, like it, is this,

‘You must love your neighbor as yourself.’

Ok,again a summary of the next 6 commandments

On these two commandments the whole Law hangs, and the Prophets.” (Matt. 22:35-40)yes Jesus was correct,a summary of the ten commandments! Clearly

• Give honour to your father and to your mother, so that your life may be long in the land which the Lord your God is giving you.
    • Do not put anyone to death without cause.
    • Do not be false to the married relation.
    • Do not take the property of another.
    • Do not give false witness against your neighbour.
    • Let not your desire be turned to your neighbour's house, or his wife or his man-servant or his woman-servant or his ox or his ass or anything which is his.

"If some cling to the Ten Commandments (Deut. 5:6-21), saying that they are binding on Christians but that the rest are not, are they not actually rejecting what Jesus said (quoting Deut. 6:5; Lev. 19:18) as to which commandments are the greatest?"

MrG,happy to cling to the ten commandments as that is exactly the summary that Jesus gave above,you are contradicting yourself,in one place you say Jesus said keep them,although you tried to replace the context to suit what the watchtower has taught you to think,and then below you say if you cling to them you reject Jesus?

Theres only one commandment you hate,you agree with the rest? Dont you?
    Why do you want them done away with?
    It is the only thing that was important enough for God to write them with his own finger in stone!
    The ordinance or ceremonial laws were written as they were dictated to moses by God 1thousand years later or more

Column 1 Column 2
    0 Sabbath of the Lord Ceremonial Sabbaths
    1 Spoken by God personally - (Exodus 20:1, 8-11) Spoken by Moses - (Exodus 24:3)
    2 Written in stone by God Himself - (Exodus 31:18) Written by Moses hand on paper - (Exodus 24:4)
    3 Placed inside the Ark of the covenant - (Deu 10:5) Stored on the outside of the Ark - (Deu 31:26)
    4 Breaking the Sabbath is sin - (1 John 3:4) These were kept because of sin - (See Leviticus)
    5 It is a law of love - (Mat 22:35-40, Isaiah 58:13-14) They were not love - (Colossians 2:14, Gal 4:9-10)
    6 It is a law of liberty (freedom) - (James 1:25, 2:10-12) They were bondage - (Galatians 4:9-10, Col 2:14)
    7 Was established before sin - (Genesis 2:1-3) Were established after sin - (Exodus 20:24)
    8 Was made at creation - (Genesis 2:1-3) Were made after Sinai - (Exodus 20:24)
    9 The Sabbath is for everyone - (Mark 2:27) Only for the children of Israel & Jews - (Read Bible)
    10 God calls it MY Sabbath - (Exodus 31:13, Eze 20:20) God calls it HER sabbaths - (Hosea 2:11, Lam 1:7)
    11 The Sabbath is eternal - (Psa 111:7-8, Isa 66:22-23) Were nailed to the cross - (Col 2:14, Eph 2:15)

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.