ABC news reporting is pretty horrendous. If it is to remain...

1. 375 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 298
    ABC news reporting is pretty horrendous. If it is to remain taxpayer funded, then it should be objective, with no spin. As it is now, it is a mouthpiece for the left and promotes the agenda of large government with an increasing focus on discharging responsibility from the individual.

Many cannot see this though, and are easily manipulated, buying into the bleeding heart sob stories (I used to to). That being said, the ABC has some solid entertainment content, and there would be a strong demand for this content in a refined format; by enabling free market mechanisms, the ABC would evolve into something better, rather than watch it slowly dissolve into propaganda for the left (which is in its own interest for survival). Good luck defunding the ABC though--an incredibly unpopular decision--that none of our faux leaders will make, because the narratives and fear mongering around 'ABC dying' by the ABC would be huge. The irony is, the market that would exist for the content the ABC produces would be incredibly large, consisting mainly of people who have expendable income. Just another government inefficiency, desired strongly by one side of the political spectrum.

As another poster said, a large majority of people who are 'switched on', have switched off the ABC, especially as a source for factual, thorough, and objective news. I get most of my news from smaller independent sources, or directly from the source where possible, as the level of bias and propaganda is deplorable for a government-owned broadcaster.
    Last edited by thisfool369: 18/03/21

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.