RIO 2.53% $116.81 rio tinto limited

$70, page-64

1. 529 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 5
    Interesting... I suppose we all have our strategies, some quite extraordinary. Over the years, I've tried a good many of them (with the exception of throwing chicken bones on the table) including investing on fundamentals but it was trend investing that has worked best for me. I rarely invest inside a 6 month trend and will generally take my profit off the table at between 15%-25% but will never ever invest in a stock that is in a downtrend. I've never had success with miners and been burned with both BHP and RIO and fondly remember buying RIO at some point when it was $48 and COH at the same price (from memory on the same day). Luckily, COH (one of the few I've kept) and several others like it insulated me from some fairly bleak times.

I trust RIO won't follow the recent trading path as FMG - there are some very damaged portfolios over there... Beware of this break into the sixties, I've too often seen RIOs price drop into the fifties from there. And as they say, down by the elevator and up by the stairs. From this point it's a 25% gain to early June's $87. Not many stocks do that over a short period of time.

Anyway, past my bedtime in my part of the world - good luck.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add RIO (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
$116.81
Change
-3.030(2.53%)
Mkt cap ! $43.36B
Open High Low Value Volume
$118.00 $119.01 $116.70 $199.0M 1.698M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
14 7256 $116.80

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
$116.99 111 1
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 16/07/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
RIO (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.