LYC 0.34% $5.93 lynas rare earths limited

For the share price to recover there has to be a reason for...

1. 87 Posts.
    For the share price to recover there has to be a reason for people to invest. A story to believe in. At this stage you would have to be a brave man to put your hard earned cash into this one. Even for a punt it’s a big stretch.

Maybe for a day trade due to the volatility, but for a long term investment I’d be looking the other way.

I’d imagine a call from your broker would go just like this....

“Hey mate do you wanna buy this company? It produces REE, which are in every iphone, LCD screen etc. The price has been smashed because REE prices have dropped considerably just like Iron ore, Oil etc. Its biggest competitor is the Chinese, who would love to have a monopoly over REE and can pretty much hold tight at these levels till every other produce goes bust. At current REE prices it’s not profitable and it has a large debt. It has $70 Mill in the bank it may be losing somewhere between $10-$25M each quarter. Within 12 months it will need to raise more capital or go bust. But hey if this, this and this happen and REE prices go through the roof it might start making a profit. So how many shares do you want to buy?”

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add LYC (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
$5.93
Change
-0.020(0.34%)
Mkt cap ! $5.542B
Open High Low Value Volume
$6.04 $6.04 $5.93 $23.75M 3.975M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
8 128544 $5.92

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
$5.95 12481 2
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 28/06/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
LYC (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.