ALK 2.91% 50.0¢ alkane resources limited

Ann: Kaiser Resource Estimate of 4.7M Gold Equivalent Ounces, page-51

1. 1,395 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 1035
    From memory , the "multi mine" projection of ALK was previously spawned out of having TOONGI with its suite of Industrial metals , in addition to Tomingley, prior to the spin out of ASM .
    In addition ....before the Tomingley Extension was discovered , the mine life of Tomingley was somewhat "finite"....now its added 10 years plus ...and Boda was a "prospective untested exploration target "...now its a 20 mill oz++extensive Porphory undertaking pre -Feasibility intensive defined and inferred drilling !
    Calidus and Genesis were acquired as inexpensive and opportune additions at the time, to see if they could be developed ( or taken out ) with ALK in the box seat , to make a tidy gain ...and in no way did they stretch Alkanes' Balance Sheet .
    I would find it strange ,,,with Tomingley now having a sizeable Budget for expenditure over the next two years (whilst funded extensively by Tomingley cash flow ) ...and a ramped up exploration/definition drilling programme at Boda ...that they would contemplate a further acquisition at this time, complicated a little further by the uncertainties of Calidus .,,, before the economics of Boda have undergone a Pre -Feasibility study .
    In addition ..as Nic has said he is going overseas to examine /seek /ascertain the appetite for larger International Instutions to invest in ALK ( Boda specifically in mind ) , I doubt if he would want to "project"that ALK might be on the prowl for other acquisitions for the time being .
    In addition to "proving up " Boda , there are two other aspects of that Nic might be putting forward on Boda/ Alkane.
    # if you take a position now , the bigger Boda gets , the more its attractive to the larger guys like Newcrest and Newmont ( as examples only )
    # ALK , when Tomingley ( mark 2 ) is up and running fully , then its has always been ALK'S intention to become a dividend payer , when cash flow enables it .
    We can all have our views ...and the right Project , in the right place , at the right time and the right price ...would never be dismissed by any good Board without examination ....just IMHO , any Broker putting forward a "possibility"to ALK at this current time , would be very hard pressed to get them to conduct a formal due dilligence .
    Just a personal view ..

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add ALK (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
50.0¢
Change
-0.015(2.91%)
Mkt cap ! $301.7M
Open High Low Value Volume
50.5¢ 52.5¢ 49.8¢ $419.3K 824.6K

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
11 85781 50.0¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
51.0¢ 17252 3
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 14/06/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
Last
50.0¢
  Change
-0.015 ( 2.36 %)
Open High Low Volume
50.0¢ 52.5¢ 50.0¢ 264399
Last updated 15.59pm 14/06/2024 ?
ALK (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.