IMM 11.9% 29.5¢ immutep limited

$72k per treatment - is it expensive ??

1. 179 Posts.
    Another thing that has been on my mind for a while....

I have seen a few posts (albeit about 2/3 months ago) relating to Provenge and it's $92k price tag. Specifically how many relatives are willing to spend that much money for a small 4/5 month life extension.

My theory is this (I'll try not to make it sound sexist or put a price on genders - it's not my intention).

---------------------------------------------------------
    Here goes...

We are talking the difference between Male sufferers & Female sufferers. DNDN & PRR are repectively targetting Male & Female cancer problems.

As a male patient, if I did not have oodles of cash I would be persuading my family not to spend $92k. As I would be considering my family's financial future after I die.

BUT as a male relative (let's say spouse) of a female patient, I would do anything to extend the life of my spouse, and this price is around $72k (as calculated recently).

It works the same with kids. Most people would do ANYTHING to extend the life of your children.

This may seem rather simplistic, and I have made a few assumptions, Male being the breadwinner etc...

But that's basically my thoughts "$72k will not be a problem".

Ofcourse, If Governments fully fund CVAC this problem all goes away !!!

Paul

DYOR

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add IMM (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
29.5¢
Change
-0.040(11.9%)
Mkt cap ! $428.5M
Open High Low Value Volume
32.0¢ 33.0¢ 28.0¢ $7.278M 23.75M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
4 53192 29.5¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
30.5¢ 41048 1
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 28/06/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
IMM (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.