AGS 0.00% 17.5¢ alliance resources limited

With regards to the dividend, this is what was said over at ORS:...

1. 935 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 57
    With regards to the dividend, this is what was said over at ORS:

"- Octagonal to receive $5.1 million in A1 Gold shares @ 3 cents per share, 1:3 options, & a board position
    - Approximately 50% of A1 Gold shares and options received by Octagonal to be distributed to Octagonal shareholders" (ASX release: 24/11/2014)

This is what they did:

"After discussion, the companies have agreed to vary the terms of the post completion obligations.
    As a result, Octagonal no longer intends to proceed with an in - specie distribution of 50% of the Company securities it receives at completion" (ASX release titled: "Update on Maldon Acquistion" 11/03/2015)

If there has been a further a change in position regarding the distribution, I am not aware of it. Feel free to correct me if I'm wrong.

This is what AGS said in the annual report:

"Most importantly, the Board will only recommend a sale if an acceptable value is achieved and it is in the best interests of all shareholders."

This is what they did: "$73.975 MILLION OFFER FROM QUASAR ACCEPTED"

You can decide for yourselves what a statement coming from AGS is worth regarding the potential size of a dividend.

Nonetheless, whilst they hang it out there, for me, might be worth hanging on to some in the vain hope someone else trumps the bid. Once it's final though, I would hate to still be around & relying on AGS management's generosity.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add AGS (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.