78% think its a great time to buy property, page-33

1. 2,923 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 32
    Shows you little you know. 100% leverage against real estate yielded 1000s% as any investor who bought then will tell you.The problem with you fellas is that you are so intent on peddling your opinion that you should step back and learn how we did it, just as we learnt from others, and maybe you will gain an informed opinion rather than this polarised stance you are so intent on taking. In 1998 bought a unit for $90,000 on a 100% borrow , sold for $320,000 recently, do your sums. If I had bought physical gold I would have needed that in direct cash for nominal returns and benefit way below the property return.

Again and again I tell you guys that you have no idea how profitable RE was and still can be in the future. Lets assume you do have a slump in the future knowledge of the principles of investing in RE would stand you in good stead then and that can be done with little or no deposit.

So you are absolutely incorrect!Plus my bank balance attests to that and I am ready and willing to do it all again. Gold has dropped $100 in a fortnight by the way. 5-6% - how volatile is that! Real estate after massive returns is a steady performer.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.