AGL 2.20% $11.61 agl energy limited.

$8.50 party, page-34

1. 207 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 47
    I drive past Liddell and Bayswater frequently, well, until lock downs. I have also seen the area around Gladstone's power station. Chalk and cheese. Gladstone area is disgusting. Liddell is to be used for green energy once the power station has been demolished. AGL said this at some point - await details.

When you compare what visually comes out of Liddell and Bayswater's chimneys, they are quite good compared to Gladstone and the Vic brown coal plants. Yes, carbon dioxide and sulphur dioxide come out the chimneys but Liddell and Bayswater are not as bad as some. Some people see the water towers and the steam coming out and think that is bad. Certainly the media like to focus on the water vapour when they show power stations. That's because there is nothing to see coming out the chimneys. The bad emissions are clear if the power station is managed properly (had a tour of Bayswater many years ago).

Don't get me wrong though. I am not a coal fan and considered the industry a no go for investment on environmental grounds. I am now attracted to the demerger and would divest Accel after a settling in period.

Some recent posts should have been removed from the forum. Calm please people.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add AGL (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
$11.61
Change
0.250(2.20%)
Mkt cap ! $7.810B
Open High Low Value Volume
$11.46 $11.62 $11.41 $38.46M 3.321M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
6 8481 $11.55

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
$11.61 23165 6
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 30/08/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
AGL (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.