AGL 1.13% $10.48 agl energy limited.

"me personally- I'm $45k down and I'm anxious but I think any...

1. 283 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 58
    "me personally- I'm $45k down and I'm anxious but I think any losses are already factored into the pricing."

While I cannot ask anyone to grow balls of steel, if you have done your due diligence then don't worry about it. I am going to paraphrase Eric Sprott:

"Sometimes you buy something that is not popular and you feel like being in a lonely room. But you want to feel alone in the room, before the crowded room next door wants to get in... and when they do, watch them try to get in through the narrow doorway"

All long term holder are down money because the stock has never been this low. Buy progressively instead of all in one go and dollar average down. If you look at what happened to BHP since it split, it's a fantastic situation for everyone who held and bought more. It was about $28 per share when it split in 2015 and the combined value of BHP and S32 with all the dividends since the split is now worth about $63. Let's not forget BHP went down even more after the split to about $15 in 2016. Would you buy BHP at $15? Most momentum chasers won't and that's why it went down to that stupidly low share price.

It's the same thing here. Is electricity a commodity? Yes, just like iron ore.
    Will people never use electricity? No, people are gong to use coal fired electricity just like people use coal fired steel.
    Are renewables matured enough to completely phase out fossil fuel? At least not the night cycle. Besides, look at the heat wave going around - if renewables was good enough then why has coal prices reached $165/ton? You have as much sunlight as you want and yet you still need to burn coal.
    Has AGL said it is not going into renewables? No. It's taking it's time to transition like all large companies.

So what's the problem? Short attention span people are beating it up. These are usually the 80 percent of the people who wash out of the market after a few years. Don't be a loser like them. In fact, thank their stupidity for bring you a chance to buy BHP at $15.

There you have it. I personally have plans for more than 3000 units and the lower the share price go, the happier I am. Do diversify though, eggs in baskets.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add AGL (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
$10.48
Change
-0.120(1.13%)
Mkt cap ! $7.097B
Open High Low Value Volume
$10.62 $10.65 $10.47 $4.891M 464.2K

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
22 3949 $10.47

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
$10.48 3923 12
View Market Depth
Last trade - 12.36pm 05/07/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
AGL (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.