IBR iberian resources limited

I was quoted 68% about 1 week ago. I believe that with the...

1. nsh
    812 Posts.
    I was quoted 68% about 1 week ago. I believe that with the extension, they'll get to the 90% required. If you have questions regarding the status of the merger, call TMR - there is a 1800 number set up specifically for this cause, but sorry, I have not recorded the number.

As for market announcements regarding operational activities and drill results etc. I'd say management are suppressing this info as much as possible until post-merger. Any market sensitive info (either way) is likely to directly influence the offer, which is not what the board of either company would want.

As a side note regarding the price of copper.... so far, there is a very similar pattern this year to last with copper in fact peaking in May last year. Then, it trended lower for the remainder of the year, to the tune of much cr@p about the price of copper collapsing and every mining equity along with it (and crazily enough, the more diversified companies like BHP took a huge hit). The differing factor this year is that we're almost back to the peak prices, but the fundamentals are pointing to a much higher high in 2H07. Copper will be the stand out star this year, with corrections in Nickel, Aluminum and Zinc. This combined IBR/TMR entity (if it gets through) will most likely be entering a market environment where sustained record prices for copper and gold are prevalent. If some serious gold production can get off the ground this year (and the only way to do this is to merge) then I see no barrier to huge returns. IMO these directors have timed this perfectly, with truckloads of speculative cash coming out of Zinc/Nickel/Aluminum and into Iron Ore, Thermal Coal, Copper and Gold over the next few months.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add IBR (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.