NAB 1.19% $37.24 national australia bank limited

I wish the banks would be less conservative in disclosing their...

1. 230 Posts.
    I wish the banks would be less conservative in disclosing their losses and adopt the more Gung Ho type of optimsim they show in boasting of their paper profits which have always been unsustainable and in breach of reporting requirements and the accounting standards they are meant to abide by.

But if the regulators are so sheepish and stupid what can we do but irritte them and 'speculate' till they come up for air for a real fight.

I stick with my continuing position that there is at least one bank that has losses that are at least 3 times what I believe the NAB have and have not disclosed it.

At another level, the loan book of the other three are nothing to write home about. I would go further as to suggest that the recent announcement of a merger has also been a bit premature as the merger on the basis of reasons publicly revealed is not the same as the merger for the reasons not disclosed.

I speculate that the merger between two banks recently announced is also perhaps to cover the dismal position of one of them by mergeing the good assets of the other

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add NAB (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
$37.24
Change
-0.450(1.19%)
Mkt cap ! $115.1B
Open High Low Value Volume
$37.15 $37.30 $37.10 $237.5M 6.618M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
2 22438 $37.22

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
$37.25 150 1
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 19/07/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
NAB (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.