ah, cortis! But WHERE is this balance you crave? And why do we...

1. 8,980 Posts.
    ah, cortis!
    But WHERE is this balance you crave?
    And why do we need a "balance" when the truth might well be alarming and extreme?
    Balance, to my mind, equals comfortable, dumbed-down politics. It's a "let the people relax, let them eat cake and they won't ever question reality -which is a bas tard of a thing, always demanding we pay attention, be active (pro-active in most cases, urgently active in many others) be alert and involved.
    Stuff "balance." Give me the Truth so that I may think of ways of dealing with it.
    The posters on this thread have, by and large, covered their own prejudices with a thousand blankets, thinking that the nightmare will disappear. It won't!
    Irrespective of what you thought of Tony Jones' management of the panel and the audience, irrespective of what you thought of the panel itself, the fact is that "The Swindle" was, in fact just that: "A swindle." It was a pseudo-doco manufactured with lies and lying graphs. It included "scientists" who were not scientists but mouthpieces of a variety of dubious organisations. It spoke lies about oceanic warmth, land warmth, the true effect of Co2 and other greenhouse gases, about sun spots (and the ridiculous assertions based on them!) and about what the ice cores truly tell us about Earth's warming and its relation to Co2.
    Questioning why T.Jones didn't give an equally rigorous interview to Al Gore does not detract from the assertions made by Jones and the environmentalists and other, similarly minded scientists who, in my opinion, presented a very eloquent fact-based theory that the planet is in trouble and we, the humans, can mitigate this trouble by urgently working on a number of fronts. Whether the problem has originated by the human hand or by the hand of Nature herself, makes no difference to me, if we also know that the human hand has been hyperactive, to say the least, in bringing a quicker demise to the planet's health!
    It's extremely easy to throw up all sorts of cynical views about the self interest of the scientific community or about the fact that the environmental issue is also a big business etc. These, to me are heavy blankets covering one's head in the middle of the night -and the earth is beginning to see this darkness now- thinking that the global warming nightmare will simply go away and, once again, we can go back to a sound, snoring sleep!
    Forget cynicism, forget seeking the comfortable balance!
    Search vigorously for the truth!

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.