ICN 0.00% 0.6¢ icon energy limited

855 sweet spot for shale gas, page-9

1. 21,344 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 2085
    Take a look at today's NWE/AWE ann re their shale gas well in the Perth Basin. Compare what they are experiencing with BPT's results in 218.
    Maybe, just maybe, there is still a lot of scepticism re shale gas and the punters and investors are happy to wait for actual results from Halifax-1 to confirm that it does in fact replicate those of 218.
    Those punters in NWE prior to today's ann dumped immediately and they saw 20% wiped off their SP immediately.
    That is the sort of stuff that has killed ICN in the past. Punters chasing the money and then dumping and leaving very many holding with very badly burnt hands, as we are still experiencing.
    With those two blockers that Katok mentioned and a sceptical market, especially for ICN and shale in general, I'm happy to see our SP hold and to react according to the results that are released. Again, I am very confident with both BPT and ICN believing that Halifax-1 WILL be as good as we anticipate and we should then have an appropriate AND SUSTAINABLE re-rating.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add ICN (ASX) to my watchlist
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.