LNU 0.00% 0.2¢ linius technologies limited

8th Vertical Sales Column, page-11

1. 2,381 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 429
    Please point out how I am wrong?

You have 1,000,000 people who want to watch a movie, that movie is virtualised, as we've agreed virtualisation IS NOT compression.

1,000,000 virtual videos are created from the original movie, they are all stored in a blockchain (i.e. not possible before), there is a smart contract that ensures that each video is only watched once.

Those 1,000,000 virtual videos are purchased by 1,000,000 users, each user gets a unique virtual video (i.e. "their" copy of the movie).

Those 1,000,000 people all start watching their virtual video, the blockchain ensures each virtual video is only purchased and viewed once.

1,000,000 internet connected video players all open their respective virtual videos and start streaming the encoded video data from the remote server where the original movie content is stored (i.e. the encoded video data).

1,000,000 copies of the encoded video data are streamed from the remote server to the 1,000,000 users using the same amount of bandwidth that would have been used if those 1,000,000 users all watched a traditional MP4.

There may be some marginal storage savings by the content producer not having to store several different versions of the original movie (e.g. different quality or language) but there is nothing about virtualisation that means you're not sending millions of copies of the encoded video data (i.e. gigabtyes) to all the users watching the movie.

Consequently, NBN would not give two sh$ts about Linius because nothing about video virtualisation is designed to materially reduce the load on the new network streaming video.

To be clear, Linius are not saying that 80% of internet traffic is video because they have technology to reduce that... they are saying that 80% of internet traffic is video to demonstrate how much video is consumed on the internet and therefore how big the target market is for making that static content more intelligent via virtualisation.
    Last edited by refresher: 09/04/19

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add LNU (ASX) to my watchlist
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.