MSB 2.70% 95.0¢ mesoblast limited

$90 a share on COVID ARDS Authorization ?, page-58

1. 4,177 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 5443
    I do recall the threads on here around that time being in a state of outright war, with the never ending question of how do you expect to treat more than a few hundred people per year.

That information ( the ramping up to service 10,000 doses within 6 months ) , was the first time I believe the company had commented on exactly what and how it was going to ramp for COVID ARDS if it needed to, as prior to then they were probably looking at under 1000 cases annually for GvHD in children. I also remember people saying that they would never get approved unless they could prove that manufacturing ramp up was achievable, hence the blueprints and offer to build the USA facility with further option for mesoblast to outright purchase it from Lonza.

A lot has happened since then as you mentioned, not least of which was the introduction of the money.... aka Novartis. I highly doubt that they have the same plan right now since Novartis were talking about development and manufacturing. It probably is still based on 2D initially rather than 3D. I do get the impression from that old video - it was Mesoblasts' plan for Mesoblast to execute alone. Yes they would have needed a huge injection of cash, purchase or rental of suits, to employ or repurpose a niche workforce that maybe wasn't available and they had no partner for Reme at that stage in the USA. Since then they have secured a backer who is more than capable and with the recourses to address all of these areas, plus they want the rights to do it themselves.

You never know, there probably is a huge cost factor here in setting up the bioreactors and xeno free pizza base, and probably is still a risk when they expand to that size that it may not work as advertised. From that perspective it would make more financial sense to setup an initial operating capability using 2D, and then commence small scale bioreactors first, before moving up to medium or large size and seeing the real cost benefits reduce with each step. They could eventually then phase out the 2D, and be producing more product in the same suites.

The company did state 60+% profit margin when using the bioreactors. In order to know that, they must have done some kind of testing.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add MSB (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
95.0¢
Change
0.025(2.70%)
Mkt cap ! $1.084B
Open High Low Value Volume
94.0¢ 96.8¢ 93.5¢ $4.207M 4.417M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
3 42268 94.0¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
95.0¢ 48002 3
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 09/08/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
MSB (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.