ACX 0.00% $7.79 aconex limited

90% chance of $3, page-169

1. 4 Posts.
    Hey mate,

1) A shopping centre project is a good example of Liquidated damages.

Shop owners buy of the plan & are told it will be ready Dec 2017 - if its not they reclaim there moolah of the contractors responsible for it being late.

Despite what people think, there isn't that many large projects being built in Australia.

(new) Mining projects are dead in this country, heavy engineering being a growth sector for ACX doesn;t exactly make me feel all fuzzy, knowing Pre GFC, I could cherry pick projects, mainly mining because they involve no ***H*le builders or Architects, as you can tell im pretty sandy about the death of mining projects..... The growth for australian construction is New commercial/renovation (using point Cloud scans)

3) Our margin has slimmed to a wafer Post GFC/miningtax/carbon tax, & our risk has increased with the price of steel going up/inflation/insurance.... pre GFC I could cherry pick, mainly mining projects for $200-250 an hour. were things were so busy they would literally pay anything to "get it done", today charge out rate of $85'hour ends up being actual $40'hour as the projects have taken too long, info no received etc lots of variables for delays which leaves nothing for the business to grow.

4) I think the technology needs to catch up to the idea here, orbiting (panning around & zooming) a model so complex would require a super computer. No-one wants a BIM for a small house, its going to be large scale buildings like shopping centres for e.g.

5) For the projects i see, & work on, we see teambinder quite a bit. although this morning we just picked up a Gov job, using guess what - Aconex.

Yup the owners love it no doubt. I read an email from an engineer today, where she mentions that she "aconexed it" yesterday, it's becoming a Pronoun? - i got a C in english

Took a small loss before the river of tears tore this one down.

GB

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add ACX (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.