SGH 0.00% 54.5¢ slater & gordon limited

90c Says UBS, page-14

1. 2,468 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 1
    First of all 1.2b not 1.2mil..

I think the industry will change. The small tissue damage cases will go from no-win no-fee to a flat fee cost for preparing the documentation for the small tissue court. This means that lawyers will spend less time in court and more time shuffling papers.

What this doesnt mean is that the whole industry is about to be doomed, the UK government is trying to prevent fake and lengthy cases from coming to court and wasting everyone's time.

I think things will start looking something like this.
    Person gets small tissue damage from car accident.... court requires him to provide documents from doctor.. documents are provided to a lawyer who prepares a summary of the case, probably more paperwork completed.. case goes to court.. judge looks at documents... have all documents been provided?. yes.. client receives compensation.. have all sections been completed? No... has documentation been provided.. no... Case is dismissed. The whole scenario wouldnt last longer than a month.

The turnover ratio would be much faster and things wouldnt drag on.. Lawyers will charge a flat fee for documentation processing. Thats it..
    Last edited by Nikec: 27/11/15

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add SGH (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.