AUL 0.00% 28.5¢ austar gold limited

$90m fund for lv brown coal, page-125

1. 3,072 Posts.
    'That allocation announcement could come at any time from now I guess. '

Anytime in the next 90 days if the Resources Minister was telling the truth to the LVE.

There is another key date in that same time frame - the 19 November cut off for applications under the ALDP scheme.

I like the chances of a major brown coal pilbara ann from the Vic Govt/exergen at or about that time.

If exergen confirm they are ready to progress $100 million worth of demo plant in Victoria, and the Govt make noises about how much potential jobs and revenue is involved, any complaints from the greens about new S7 allocations will be swamped.

They used this media control tactic to kill the greens anti exergen FOI story in June.

http://www.crikey.com.au/2012/06/08/how-victoria-puts-you-through-the-foi-wringer/?wpmp_switcher=mobile

I suspect they have a similar plan in mind for an S7 allocation, as they know the greens will try and create anticoal sentiment from it.

And the numbers for Victoria on a BCE fuelled Pilbara by working with exergen/tata are staggering.

They are set out in detail here. This paper is the effective roadmap for the brown coal pilbara that the Vic and Fed Govt are now following slavishly to keep Indian Giant Tata (and their investment billions) in the picture:

http://www.parliament.vic.gov.au/images/stories/committees/edic/greenfields_mineral_exploration/subs/22_-_Exergen.pdf

The WA Pilbara was built by BHP and RIO.

The Vic Govt know very well that without a resources monster like Tata on board there never will be a Victorian brown coal pilbara. Our system of mining investment is a provate enterprise system. Govt's can assist private enterprise, but they can't actually go mining themselves.

Which is why MNM (and its in effect brown coal JV with tata) is THE obvious listed investment vehicle of choice in this sphere for anyone who has done any serious research on what lies ahead.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add AUL (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.