Yesterday I mentioned in a post he could be charged with...

1. 872 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 74
    Yesterday I mentioned in a post he could be charged with bringing the police into disrepute.

Apparently at least one staff member of the Lodge has recieved death threats, suggests my view of the care provider having some responsibility is not so extraordinary. Not that I condone threats.

If you read my posts you will observe I have been saying all along this is a stupid, compulsive act on the police officers part. I have also been saying his actions were not sanctioned by the police department.

I have been reading up about tasers. There is in the articles on the incident only the one officer held accountable for the assault. Tasers can fire twice. Presumably the first shot wasnt effective, the electrodes didnt penetrate the skin and deliver the stun. The second shot was able to incapacitate the victim.

Commentators are saying the situation should have been deescalated with talk. The care givers, presumably, personally knew the victim and were familiar with dementia patients. They should have deescalated the situation. If she was making toast as some in her family claim it was absurd to call the police. The police arent known to pussy foot around. They are not appropriate to this situation. I read they were a homicide squad in one article.
    Last edited by squarepants: 24/05/23

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.