NST 0.58% $13.96 northern star resources ltd

a$1,000 gold price would shut nst down?, page-12

1. 411 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 5
    I think the AUD is set to fall dramatically which will offset some (not all of the US decline in Gold). What has held $AUD up in the past has been relatively high interest rates when compared to US and EURO rates. If one believes there is a true recovery occurring in the US and hence a long term buying of the US dollar is occurring then yes US$Gold will continue to fall. Any suggestion of easing of bond purchases by US fed would create a spike in US treasuries rates thus narrowing the interest rate differential between Aust and US. As AUD is primarily a commodity based currency and price of Iron Ore and others heading south it is only a matter of time we see the Aussie at say 80-85 US cents. This means a US gold price of say $1,100 would still have AUD Gold at some where around $1,350. (Not a great distance from where it is today). I think an upcoming decline in the $AUD will help absorb the worst of the $US slump in POG.
    Another point to note, NST all up costs are at around $950oz. If other less efficient mines are shut down, labour and equipment pressures in WA will ease which in turn may result in costs actually falling.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add NST (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
$13.96
Change
0.080(0.58%)
Mkt cap ! $16.04B
Open High Low Value Volume
$14.01 $14.11 $13.90 $45.25M 3.236M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
2 8578 $13.95

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
$13.97 5507 1
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 16/07/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
NST (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.