A $20,000 EV?, page-29

1. 83,152 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 75
    ''We must hope that the citizenry and its leaders progress its release, ''

nope - this is not going to happen and it's precisely what I've been writing about now for years - it 'cannot happen'

governments cannot keep up with technological changes in society - they were always slow - now, it's impossible

but, within a decade ------- the impossible now will be eclipsed and eclipsed and eclipsed

it's why I've said that 'get out of the way and let business do business' is all over - was over decades ago.

Government will legislate far more --------- it will have to be legislation by AI - it's already begun (although some people with no idea of the world they live in say it's still science fiction - it's not, it's in use already)

but, AI itself will not be able to keep up with legislation - and there's a LOT of reasons for that - and not just known issues like hallucinations or similar (which I believe will not be an issue within ?? 20 years - Gates 'kind of' thinks hallucinations won't be an issue within a decade or so)

but, overall --------------- as to that ''
    'We must hope that the citizenry and its leaders progress its release, ''

not a snowballs chance in hell ---------------- we CANNOT stop or slow technology by choosing to

the only technologies that have ever been 'slowed' have happened because of other technologies ------- eg. the valve halted the progress of the transistor ------------- for quite a while - but, then ------------ wammo

stone blade technology was halted in it's development by Cu - for a while - and only in some places (in Australia, it continued to develop for example)

but, after a while - it all halted because of Cu, bronze, iron ------------------- for a long time --------- but no again - stone tool technology is back ---------- for plastic surgery

(and that's discounting diamond technology - which I think is a bit of a cheat).

IMO --------- technology is and will run over us all ----------- and AI is well one the road. When it combines with Quantum ---

get outta the way - comin through ----------- game over lots of things

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.