ESG 0.00% 86.5¢ eastern star gas limited

a $25m commitment to lng, page-23

1. 24,386 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 176
    ""((I think if there was on offer from a Shell or BG and the price was right, STO would sell out, just as AOE did to BG.))""

Acecant,

As a matter of fact, I do believe in what you wrote above myself. But the fact remains that I have made the same comments myself in the past, and immeditaely got attacked for saying it. Especialy with that famous $500million dollars comments.

I do believe that what happened with PES/AOE at the time can repeat itself here, and when AOE had to accept the offer in the end and sell to BG.
    IMHO it was all because AOE needed the funds to proceed with their Fisherman's Landing project, but Shell took advantage of that by making AOE spend as much of the money received form the sale to BG into more drilling and proving up reserves, and then finish the job in the way they (Shell) planned it all along.

Don't forget that the sharemarket is a very cruel World to be in. And the story of dog eat dog, will never change.

I do totally agree with you second and subsequent paragraphs though. The options are plenty and worth commenting upon.

Lastly, I feel also confident that if someone will make the move on ESG and pipe the gas up North, as you wrote, STO will more than likely agree to that so that they can get their share of the gas (35%) up North themselves.

It could very well be the carrot sweetener that STO would require to relinquish it's 19.99% stake in ESG.

Cheers,

Buddy

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add ESG (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.