Thanks for posting. Interesting article, Chinas main deflection...

1. 2,937 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 223
    Thanks for posting. Interesting article, Chinas main deflection of the Wests criticism of their authoritarian ways and ill treatment of other cultures is the Wests hypocrisy and appalling history on these fronts. You can also say that compared to the early days of the communist system modern China is a paradise on all levels for those that toe the line and avoid arbitary injustice (which is well captured in the states but not so much in China).

Have been reading Mao's Great Famine which is mainly around the great leap forward years 58-62. If not the biggest human folly in history would have to be up there. Modern China is starting to realise that vision that Mao had. Many times while reading the book I was thinking how Trump had similar character traits to Mao but lucky the for the states the system was evolved to deal with bad actors (to a point). The undermining of confidence in the system that Trump and his allied media led and continues to do is a massive worry for the US and other democracies as China is well on the way to forming a balance of power i the coming decades and can in many ways claim a moral high ground. With inequity in the US quickened by Trumps reign the US is on a fast track to further social upheaval, I am sure the Chinese would have liked a few more years of Trump but he looks like he will continue on undermining good order anyway just with the same platform he had as president.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.