MBL macquarie bank limited

mbl for jhamann I told friends to sell all their remaining MBL...

1. 204 Posts.
    mbl for jhamann I told friends to sell all their remaining MBL holding early in May near $72 because I believed it was already priced to perfection following the $77 blow off top on huge volume back in September. This had been the true sweet point to sell from a medium short term trader's point of view.

MBL being an international financial company seemingly loosely follows the US volatility pattern for finance sector companies, as much as the ASX based. Note the USA style deep bottom @ sub $19 in October 2002 following the USA's S+P500 volatility pattern, not the ASX's March 2003.

Their renumeration package expense is also pricey, reminiscent of international North American trends.

Thus when the US implied market volatilities, the VIX and VXN made lows in early May 2006, IMHO it was time to leave. These work inversely to price as a rough rule for many international finance companies. When these option price based measures flared and apparently topped around the 22nd May, cheaper re-entry was a possibility if desired.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.