oi? what's the matter with wallaby? actually - I would have...

1. 81,187 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 75

oi?

what's the matter with wallaby?

actually - I would have thought that bat was a pretty good food -

perhaps a bit light on weightwise in meat - but, it's got a lot of 'gee that's a good idea' going for it

a. it flies - usually a pretty good thing - light bone weight and there's not much that flies that you cannot safely eat ---------- except shit - when it flies - you don't really want to eat it

b. it's a mammal - so, in the scheme of things - mammals are good to eat - yes, most of them carry diseases - but, our methods of capture and butchering and food preparation account for these things - and, this includes cow, deer, pig etc etc

where's the problem with eating bats?

indeed - where's the problem with eating rats ---------- I've always thought that rats would be an excellent food --------- farmed would be good - if wild - then, carefully handled - but, if you look at the little buggers -- they look pretty good.

I stop short on a few things ------- when I was in Vietnam - a pub down the road regularly grilled some sort of frog -

which actually looked really nice - but, I declined, because, I didn't know a lot about frog eating and some of them come with some pretty nasty stuff - not like a cow or a bat -

it's a funny thing in Oz -- we live in a country where it's really taking your life into your own hands to eat any reef fish over about 4.5 kg because of ciguatera -- but, we don't see a big fuss about people checking how and where and what weight the fish was that they buy tropical or sub tropical reef fish fillets

???? ---------- but, a bat ------------- oh, no -- that's dangerous

yeah --------------- right

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.