MST 0.00% 0.1¢ metal storm limited

Hi humpy, myronc et al.You are both kind of right. I'm in the...

1. 937 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 157
    Hi humpy, myronc et al.

You are both kind of right. I'm in the same boat as humpy - kept trying too match the dilution from time to time by taking up company share offers as they came up. I've gone from .5% of the company to about .02% (once was in the top 20 - not all that long ago either). Unfortunately I suckered myself into the last offer at .003 and lost another $24,000 in equity. Hopefully at least that one will come back before too long, but there is pretty a slim hope to recover all my investment which would require a price of about 3 cents!

Still, you never know, stranger things have happened. "Should have" held my fire and I could have got 24 mil instead of 8mil - but then "should" is always right in hindsight!

I've come to the conclusion that companies like MST "should" sell their IP when interest is at its height. It is a very long road from ideas to practical marketable products, especially in this country where venture capitalists are relatively few and far between and government support almost non existant until you are almost certain of success. In the latest company report we read that the original IP has now run out of patent protection - but "it doesn't matter as we don't use that any more". All the more reason to have capitalised on it at the time, it is now valueless.

I remember when CHF got out at a price around .55 and down to about .35 or so and made a profit of about $35mil I think it was. I would have come out even at that time. I believe it was put around at the time that CHF wanted MST to capitalise by selling their IP at the time but the board would not go along with it so they sold to the market. How right CHF were! A lesson to be learnt here from any other high tech pioneering companies I think!

Still, I think that at .001 and even maybe at .002 MST is probably a fairly good buy now - but I just can not spend any more money on it (if I had any spare left) because my wife would disown me (really!) and I wouldn't want that as she may have to look after me in my old age seeing I lost so much on MST! I just keep smiling at my sweetheart, what else can you do?

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add MST (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.