CMR 0.00% 15.0¢ compass resources limited

a bit late to bail now, page-8

1. 3,941 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 327
    Things are a bit heavy hearted on this thread just now, so my thoughts have turned to the Browns Sulphides lead deposit. That is the biggest component of the whole shebang, 1.5 million tons of it. Not ore. Lead.
    What is lead used for? Mainly one thing these days. Car batteries. The car market is a bit slow just now in the USA, and Europe, but in one other major market they cant get enough of them. China. Where the heck they plan to park all these cars with a population that size I dont know. Maybe in their lounge rooms like the Japanese. Or will they come to Australia for car driving holidays, and leave the car at the airport like the japanese leave the golf clubs..?
    At current prices around A $2,000/ton thats three billion dollars (A$3,000,000,000) worth, less what they cant get out of the ore. Just the lead. Just at Browns Sulphides.
    Read somewhere it will be the worlds third largest lead mine by output. But how much is HNC going to charge to smelt it?
    These are conventional car batteries, not the Prius sort of gear. The cobalt demand will in part be driven by that.
    Now, does opportunity knock again? The My Fitch uranium, 4 or 5 million lbs of it, is in dolomite. Thts limestone for most people. Oz soil is predominatly acidic, so it may well be possible to sell the domolite for agricultural application in northern Australia. After all its already dig up and crushed. Its money for waste. With the prices agricultural products are just now, there is general high demand for fertiliser. Might get onto the management and get their mental juices working on that too.
    There are a number of potential extra revenue streams from this operation, all of which will flow to CMR, not incl in the Hunan contract, including sulphur production. Now thats more than a bit valuable these days too.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add CMR (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.