SLX 13.0% $3.90 silex systems limited

a bit more about 150mm wafers, page-4

1. 20,246 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 1786
    "I would love to know what Silex has in store."

As you all know I was wrong with my prediction that Suntech were going to use translucent tech, my bad, but I am learning from my mistakes, it tells us one important thing, they are going to use the technology that is being developed in partnership at the UNSW and that they will get it to 25%+, this is what Suntech will be producing in China at their Wuxi Suntech Industrial Development Group Co., Ltd. and Wuxi New District Exploration Joint Venture Development Group I now believe, and I suspect this is where Silex will source it's raw material from?

But all of the above and also what SWP told us after the AGM, it tells me something else very important, because if you look at the Silex Solar site you will see where they say "THEY" will use Translucent technology themselves and that tells me Silex Solar panels will be going MUCH HIGHER than 25%plus efficiency, and perhaps they will be using these technologies from translucent.

http://www.translucentinc.com/documents/TranslucentAppNote2010_01_revA.pdf

http://www.translucentinc.com/documents/Mirror.pdf

This is from the silex solar website under R&D
    SilexSolar?s long term vision is to integrate its other proprietary technologies including its Translucent technology into the mono-silicon process. A thin film layer of this new translucent material over the mono-silicon cells could conceivably drive the electrical conversion efficiencies well past the maximum efficiency possible for conventional silicon solar cells (≈ 25 %).

One question that I would like to know is if these translucent (read see through) panels from translucent are going to be used in the future to basically make a panel that in reality will consists of two panels in the same space, are they going to be able to be retrofitted in the future to existing panels made today?

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add SLX (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
$3.90
Change
-0.580(13.0%)
Mkt cap ! $923.8M
Open High Low Value Volume
$4.21 $4.23 $3.84 $6.422M 1.616M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
1 839 $3.90

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
$3.91 1969 1
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 29/08/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
SLX (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.