GOLD 0.51% $1,391.7 gold futures

a bit of respect.

1. 83,350 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 75
    Hi all,

I thought it might be time to say a couple of things I think about our friend Ben Bernanke. So, time for a bit of respect - from me at least.

As much as I say things about Ben now and then and comparing the running of the globe economies to being better run by Daffy Duck etc.

-- well, I actually respect Ben Bernankie.

Whatever he has done and whatever the outcome - the bloke has had a go - he has hit it hard and he did it in a way he believed would have a different outcome to 1930 and he really should be respected for that.

This may well end in disaster - but, what any of us would want to have avoided is a 1930 style depression -------- have a google at some of the images from that era - it is frightening.

At least BB had the guts to try something very different - and, whatever any of us says - it isn't like that so far.

God knows where we go from here, but at least we are still breathing.

I firmly believe we are in very uncharted waters - and, as much as we can blame whoever - including probably ourselves - the reality is that Bernanke and also the skinny black guy have lobbed into history in the biggest bucket of crap in a century. They didn't cause the problem - it was waiting on the doorstep for them.

For BB, pulling any lever I guess is a giant risk - and that he has had the guts to pull on a lever big time - well, I dip my lid.

History will judge if these moves have been successful - but try something different we surely had to do if we were to avoid the horrors of 1930.

I, as much as anyone think we need guts and a lot of luck to get out of this - and I am thankful that we have some around who have the guts to try.

And yes, I firmly believe gold has a big part in this - even if few of Ben's mates understand it.

have a great arvo all

Pinto
  2. This thread is closed.

You may not reply to this discussion at this time.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add GOLD (COMEX) to my watchlist

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.