SIE 0.00% 6.8¢ scigen limited

a bounce soon or long term hold , page-12

1. 4,941 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 147
    Hi globalp,

The following observation from your post is quite important:
    "Sie is trading technically rather than fundamentally".

The key to working with shares is to determine when /if a stock is behaving becuase of its fundamental basis, or because of its trading character.

There are stocks which I have argued should be viewed fundamentally, rather than technically. However, even those stocks will (from time to time) react with a bias towards one or the other. The key is to discern which is in the ascendancy at any particular point in time. Whilst many technicians will argue that they can always identify this, the fact remains that many trading indicators are historically based (ie: dependent upon behaviour which has already occurred) in order to trigger a particular signal (whether to buy, sell, hold, etc).

Whilst I am a fundamentalist, I have increasingly learnt to identify some of the momentum patterns and to discern between fundamental /technical responses.

This has helped me in a number of (but not all) instances.

As for SIE, I agree that management can turn up the heat quite easidly /quickly. Management is much the same as for SHL and for SLX.

Both SIE and SLX are SHL spin-outs and both have Christopher Wilks on board. Chris is also SHL's CFO.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add SIE (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.