DEG 1.67% $1.18 de grey mining limited

A BS thread

1. 725 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 658
    I had something to say that was genuinely inspired and vaguely related to DEG and its prospects, in a round about kind of way but didnt want to pollute other more focused threads, so Love it or hate it here it is.. the BS thread.. This is where you can dump all your excess DEG related thoughts that might otherwise detract or lower the tone of other threads. This is where you come to pull the chain on the cistern of your mind and let the waste be cast away, to be managed by anonymous heros wearing hi viz and hard hats, who seem to possess no sense of smell and thankfully take care of the less pleasant tasks of this world on our behalf.

I say this cos I was thinking about buying a toyota hiace and getting it converted to a 4wd,. This led me to some car website that listed the price of hiaces from 1970 till present, which made me think of inflation, which in turn made me think of gold, which made me think of DEG and its investment credentials.. So hopefully you see the tenuous link and relevance now.

Anyway.. the price of a hiace in 1970 was $2640.. and its stayed at that same price till 1989.. That struck me as insanely stable and a great store of value, which naturally inspired me to compare the change in value of Hiaces to gold.. Boring as batshit to many here Im sure, but this is the BS thread after all, so the exit door is nearby if you feel the need.. Please spray and wipe before leaving though... Keep it clean.

However, i digress.... if you divide the cost of a hiace in 2023 ($54000) by the price of a hiace in 1970 ($2640) you get a factor of roughly 20.. not bad for a tin box on wheels really, many other automobiles suffered a worse fate.

if you do the same with gold - 2023 price, ($2007 Going by gold.orgs last price) by the 1970 price ($35) you get 57..

So it highlighted to me that gold did actually hold up pretty good against inflation when compared to hiaces at least,

Hiaces would have probably had more earning capacity during that time and maybe better ROI if you take that into account but as a straight out capital gain the gold won out rather handily..So keeping this in mind, and knowing the miners are a geared play on gold, and a period of excessive inflation seems very likely in the near future, which should hopefully assist in lifting the gold price, I feel pretty confident that DEG is a great investment considering its one of the better undeveloped gold mining opportunities at this point..

What are your thoughts?

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add DEG (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
$1.18
Change
-0.020(1.67%)
Mkt cap ! $2.816B
Open High Low Value Volume
$1.18 $1.19 $1.17 $2.929M 2.491M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
3 30988 $1.18

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
$1.19 75504 10
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 30/07/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
DEG (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.