FLN 2.63% 19.5¢ freelancer limited

A Business with a future, page-78

1. 832 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 74
    It's pleasing to see buyers outnumbering sellers 4 to 1.
    I am always interested in trading leading up to quarterlies - FLN staff have access to a comprehensive dashboard showing many business metrics (financial and otherwise) so can potentially get a feel for how the result will look.

Obviously they wouldn't want to be insider traders, but if they mentioned things were on the up and up to others, it could lead to buying (and vice versa).

I think the FLN business is very analagous to early stage Amazon, Ebay, Carsales, Realestate.com.au, Alibaba etc.
    The market it provides is currently massively dominated by traditional relationships, but exposing international suppliers to first world buyers will give substantial advantages - and those cannot be overlooked if you want to remain competitive.

When Ebay launched I remember people being dismissive that it won't succeed because people will take payment but not ship the goods. This proved wrong, and early adopters made themselves wealthy (and shareholders did well too).

Amazon was grudgingly recognised it would be able to sell books, but not other merchandise people believed needed to be touched and viewed or actively "sold" by a salesperson. This also proved wrong.

FLN gets knockers on this board complaining that the quality of some freelancers is sub-par, or that the communications barriers make it hard to use. I believe this will prove wrong too, and the economic advantages will drive improvements in both quality and communications.

The opportunity is very large, FLN has a substantial stake. I hope they grow and triumph and beat out the competition, but I will accept it if they are bought out for a substantial premium down the track.

Either way, I am confident in long term rewards.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add FLN (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
19.5¢
Change
0.005(2.63%)
Mkt cap ! $87.92M
Open High Low Value Volume
19.5¢ 19.5¢ 19.5¢ $458 2.35K

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
1 1650 19.5¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
21.0¢ 109587 3
View Market Depth
Last trade - 15.40pm 19/07/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
FLN (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.