QBE 2.02% $16.96 qbe insurance group limited

a call to arms re spp

1. 844 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 118
    The SPP outcome is pathetic on a number of counts:
    - they should have had a scale-back policy in place at the outset.
    - having no scale-back policy at the outset, the only information shareholders could go on was the previous SPP in 2009 which allocated on the basis of holdings PLUS application amount.
    - shareholders should have been advised to apply based on their holdings - so that regular shareholders would not have thought it was worth their while stumping up 15k
    - there should have been an allotment (say 1 in 12 or 1 in 10). If shareholders had an allotment what is lost? It can't be that hard. Other companies do it all the time.
    - Shareholders have the right to complain when the rules are not known, but the fact that they can apply for up to 15k suggests that they can, and have a reasonable expectation of an acceptable outcome
    - Any SPP where holders could have earned more on the interest on the 15K than on the shares (despite a 35% 'stag' profit on the shares) is not a good outcome!

I think QBE was lazy and hadn't thought it through. As a gesture they should refund application funds with the interest they received on the many millions held.

I will be lodging a formal complaint with them.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add QBE (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
$16.96
Change
-0.350(2.02%)
Mkt cap ! $25.52B
Open High Low Value Volume
$17.38 $17.38 $16.91 $24.69M 1.446M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
20 2835 $16.96

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
$16.97 2893 19
View Market Depth
Last trade - 15.52pm 12/07/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
QBE (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.