XJO 0.55% 7,629.0 s&p/asx 200

The AUS200 CFD sold off early this past week before staging a...

1. 30 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 30

The AUS200 CFD sold off early this past week before staging a mid-week recovery. The significant change from a technical point of view is that the weekly directional line has flipped to bear as price closed the week below the low of the previous week. The daily directional line flipped to bear on the close of Monday's candle and psar flipped to bear on the close of Tuesday's candle. The late week recovery has created a new bullish trend line under-price however now the charts have aligned for a short-term swing down.
    Price has closed the week in the middle of a daily chart resistance level representing an aggressive entry for shorts. A conservative entry for a short position would be a penetration of the trigger line below the low of the Friday's closing candle.
    A price close above the daily directional line which is above the high of Tuesday's candle would negate the short trade opportunity for conservative entries and require liquidation of any short positions taken by aggressive entries.
    I am a conservative type so I would not recommend taking any aggressive entries but it is valid on Monday's open. Initial Stops would be placed at the most recent daily psar value and an initial take profit would be a 1:1 of the initial stop distance.

Obviously, bulls have another idea in mind. The trading idea discussed here is my own personal opinion based on my own technical analysis and my own personal trading plan and is not recommended as being actionable to any person on the forum.

Good luck and happy trading to all.

https://hotcopper.com.au/data/attachments/2117/2117330-400c31b5a68343823abe385930e22784.jpg

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add XJO (ASX) to my watchlist
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.